Interested in volunteering to be an art docent? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Art Docent Program is a quality arts literacy enrichment program provided by volunteers that visit the classroom each month to introduce children (and teachers) to the wonders of art appreciation. Art Docent volunteers facilitate the following program goals:
- To expand children’s ability to form definitions of their visual world.
- To familiarize elementary school children with artists in history.
- To examine elements of art that the children can apply to their own creative endeavors.
- To acquaint the children with varied media as a means of expression.
- To provide a resource for teachers.
- To emphasize that lessons are a springboard for creative exploration and not limited to information gathering.
- To establish the legitimacy of art as a critical part of the basic curriculum
If you’re interested in volunteering for an art docent position, use the contact us form.